We’re so pleased today to join the American Patchwork & Quilting – 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge (and Blog Hop!)
If you’re not familiar with the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge…let us give you a bit of background..
American Patchwork & Quilting is challenging their readers and fans to help reach their goal of donating one million pillowcases to local charities.
Many charities can benefit from the donation of a pillowcase and the challenge gives you the opportunity to donate and make a difference in your community.
Make a pillowcase. Make a difference.
Therm O Web is a proud sponsor and participant in this challenge and is pleased to share with our readers and fans the pillowcases made for the challenge.
Designer Melissa Bullock worked with her daughter’s Girl Scout Troop to make their pillowcases. They used this pattern for many of the cases!
Please visit Melissa’s blog to see more photos and the cute Girl Scouts in action!
Designer Daniela Dobson joined in the challenge too!
Our Therm O Web HeatnBond Lite was perfect for the bubbles pattern. Please visit Daniela’s blog for more info on her pillowcase project!
And Designer Erin Yamabe and her cute daughters made 7 pillowcases…
yes 7!! Please click here to visit Erin’s blog and see all the pillowcases they made!
So would YOU like to get involved and make pillowcases for charity? We’d like to invite our fans, readers, sewers…everyone to make a pillowcase or two! And in return, Therm O Web will send you a gift of some of our best adhesives and stabilizers! (one package of StitchnSew Tear-away Stabilizer, HeatnBond Ultrahold and HeatnBond Lite)
Here’s the details…use one of the pillowcase patterns found on All People Quilt website to create your pillowcase. Then email us at Contest@thermoweb.com for mailing instructions. Pillowcases need to be received by Saturday, October 20th. Once we’ve received your pillowcase, we will send out your gift for participating. And where will all those pillowcases go you ask?
Why to the Dover Children’s Home in Dover, New Hampshire? The Dover Children’s Home has been helping children for over 120 years. They’re dedicated to enriching the lives of adolescents and strengthening their family relationships through the highest quality residential treatment services and educational programs. For more information or to find out how you can help, please click here to visit their site.
Would you like to see the other hop participants? Simply click these links to go to prior posts this month or join in for the remainder of days for September!
Thanks for stopping by!
1 Million Pillowcase Hop Schedule:
1. Welcome from American Patchwork & Quilting (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
2. Rashida Coleman-Hale (http://www.iheartlinen.typepad.com/)
3. Olivia and Alayna’s Pillowcase Project (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
4. Morgan’s Smile Factory (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
5. Pat Sloan (http://blog.patsloan.com/)
6. Northcott (http://pattispatchwork.com/)
7. Betsy Chutchian (http://betsysbestquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/)
8. Vanessa Christenson (http://www.vanessachristenson.com/)
9. Andover Fabrics (http://blog.andoverfabrics.com/)
10. Laurie Simpson (http://minickandsimpson.blogspot.com/)
11. Oak Hill, Ohio (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
12. Robert Kaufman Fabrics (http://www.swatchandstitch.com/)
13. Pam Buda (http://www.heartspunquilts.blogspot.com/)
14. Indygo Junction (http://www.indygojunction.com/blog/)
15. 4-H (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
16. Katie Hennagir (http://baywindowquiltshop.wordpress.com/)
17. Anni Downs (http://hatchedandpatched.typepad.com/)
18. FreeSpirit Fabrics (http://www.freespiritfabric.blogspot.com/)
19. American Patchwork & Quilting Staff (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
20. Patty Young (http://modkidboutique.blogspot.com/)
21. Moda Fabrics (http://modafabrics.blogspot.com/)
22. Monica Solorio-Snow (http://thehappyzombie.com/blog/)
23. Moda Bake Shop (http://www.modabakeshop.com/)
24. Andover Fabrics (http://blog.andoverfabrics.com/)
25. Roseann Kermes from Rosebud’s Cottage (http://rosebudscottage.typepad.com/)
26. Ann Kelle for Shannon Fabrics (http://www.annkelle.com/category/blog/)
27. Therm O Web (https://blog.thermoweb.com/)
28. Edyta Sitar (http://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/blog/)
29. Fabri-Quilt (http://inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com/)
30. Cherri House (http://www.cherryhousequilts.com)