Hi there! It’s Andrea with my first post as a design team member. Have you seen all of the amazing, new products in the Neon Electro-Pop Collection by Rina K Designs?! I love the bright, happy colors: They’re perfect for chasing away those winter blues!
Colorful Electro-Pop Cards
These cards are a bit of sunshine for the soul and would certainly brighten anyone’s day during these dreary months. Both cards feature the new Sending Sunshine StampNStencil line from Rina K Designs, as well as some of the new Electro-Pop Neon Enamel and Flock Transfer Sheets.
Sending Sunshine Stamp
This first card would be a fun design for Valentine’s Day, or any time of year really. I began by stamping a bunch of oranges from the Sending Sunshine StampNStencil stamp set with Orange Glow Electro-Pop Neon Ink. To achieve a white center, I placed the solid circle stamp in the lid of my MISTI and inked up the edges with the ink pad before stamping. I then stamped the inside of the oranges with the same ink. I added a bit of depth to the centers with Poppin’ Pink Neon ink and a sponge dauber (This was more evident before I added the Glitz Glitter Gel, as you can see in the picture below.) and fussy-cut the images.
Glitz Glitter Gel
I sprayed the back of the Sending Sunshine StampNStencil stencil with Pixie Spray and allowed it to dry. Then, I placed the stencil over the orange and used a palette knife to spread on White Glitz Glitter Gel. I love the sparkle and texture the gel gives, which reminds me of all the sugar I like to sprinkle onto a grapefruit before eating. 😉
Neon Flock Background
While the gel dried, I worked on my background, which features the Electro-Pop Neon Flock Transfer Sheets in Orange Glow and Poppin’ Pink. I love that the flock colors perfectly match the inks, and you can’t beat the texture they provide, either!
- After trimming a piece of white cardstock to A2 size, I added strips of Easy-Tear Tape. I didn’t measure the distance between the strips but simply used the grids on my mat for a rough guide.
- I trimmed off the excess tape and cut a piece of the flock the same dimensions as the panel. I removed the backing from the tape strips, placed the flock on top (fuzzy side down), and ran the flock-covered panel through my die-cutting machine to transfer the flock.
- and 4. I repeated the above steps to add strips of the pink flock.
To assemble the card, I trimmed down the flocked panel and adhered it to a white card with the Memory Tape Runner XL. I created some matching pink cardstock by blending white paper with Poppin’ Pink Neon Ink. After die-cutting the panel, I white heat-embossed a sentiment from the Sending Sunshine StampNStencil stamp. I adhered the panel to my card with Gina K Designs Foam Tape and popped up the oranges with Gina K Designs Foam Squares. I added a scattering of clear gems with Mixed Media Liquid Adhesive.
The bright colors on my next card are definitely little rays of sunshine! You can’t help but smile when you see those peppy lemons!
- Using the same stamping technique as the first card, I stamped my lemon background onto white cardstock with Hello Yellow Neon ink. I used sponge daubers and both Hello Yellow and Orange Glow inks to deepen the color in the fruit centers.
- I placed the Sending Sunshine stencil over my background, applying Purple Tape to create a mask around the area I wanted to transfer. With a palette knife, I spread a little Transfer Gel Duo. Carefully, I lifted and moved the stencil around to add more dots of Transfer Gel Duo.
- Once the gel was dry, I cut a piece of Screamin’ Green Neon Enamel Transfer Sheet to A2 size and placed it over my background. I ran the sandwich through my laminator to transfer the enamel. To add more interest to my background, I repeatedly stamped the small circle in the Sending Sunshine stamp with Orange Glow Neon Ink.
- I adhered an Orange Glow Neon Flock Transfer Sheet to white cardstock with the Tape Runner XL and trimmed it to slightly smaller than A2 size. After die-cutting my stamped panel with a scalloped rectangle die, I adhered it to the flocked panel with the Memory Tape Runner XL.
I adhered my layered background to a white card with the Memory Tape Runner XL. I white heat-embossed a sentiment from the Sending Sunshine set onto a strip of orange cardstock and attached the strip to my card with Gina K Designs Foam Squares. I stamped a lemon, cut it out, and affixed it along with an extra orange with Foam Squares.
I hope I’ve inspired you to check out the new Electro-Pop products by Rina K Designs and to send a little sunshine to someone’s mailbox.
Rina K Designs StampNStencil Stamp Set: Sending Sunshine
Rina K Designs StampNStencil Detail Stencil: Sending Sunshine
Rina K Designs ElectroPop Flock Transfer Sheet: Poppin’ Pink
Rina K Designs ElectroPop Flock Transfer Sheet: Orange Glow
Rina K Designs ElectroPop Enamel Transfer Sheet: Screamin’ Green
Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo
Purple Tape – 1.5″
Gina K Designs Foam Tape
Gina K Designs Foam Squares
Memory Tape Runner XL
Gina K Designs Glitz Glitter Gel – White
iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive
iCraft Metal Tips for Liquid Adhesive
Easy-Tear Tape – 1/4″
Newton’s Nook Designs Frames & Flags Die Set