Howdy ya’ll, it’s Jamie Mueller of Sunflower Quilts back with a fun, quick project that makes a great gift for Grandparents! Use your child’s fingerprint to make a heart using our fabulous Deco Foil to create a useful bookmark for Grandma and Grandpa.
Thumbprint Bookmark for Grandparents
2- 2 1/2″ X 6 1/2″ pieces of fabric
1- 5″ piece of skinny ribbon
2- 2″ X 6″ pieces of HeatnBond® Craft Extra Firm Fusible Interfacing
iCraft® Deco Foil™ Liquid Adhesive
iCraft®Deco Foil™ Transfer Sheets in desired color
Sewing Machine with matching thread for project
- Follow package instructions to fuse 1- 2″ X 6″ piece of HeatnBond® Craft Extra Firm Fusible Interfacing to the WRONG side of 1- 2 1/2″ X 6 1/2″ piece of fabric, being sure to center it. Repeat with 2nd piece of interfacing and fabric.
2. Next, fold 5″ piece of ribbon in half, lengthwise, and stitch in place along one 2 1/2″ WRONG side of fabric.
3. With WRONG sides together, stitch around entire bookmark using a 1/4″ seam allowance.
4. With pinking sheers, cut around all 4 edges of bookmark being sure NOT to cut the ribbon.
5. Apply a small amount of Deco Foil™ Liquid Adhesive to child’s fingertip.
6. Press fingertip onto bookmark where desired. Then repeat step 5 and 6 to press another fingertip onto bookmark to create a heart shape. (it is hard to see the hot melt in the photo below, if you’re confused look at photo in the next step to see the heart shape.) Allow Deco Foil Liquid Adhesive to dry (following package instructions).
7. Apply Deco Foil over Liquid Adhesive fingertip heart. Be sure to read instructions on Deco Foil before applying.
Your bookmark is complete! Enjoy and be sure to share with someone you love!