Welcome back! When I was thinking about this project, I had planned on making a couple cards and while looking around in my crafty supplies I came across these wings that have been in my stash forever! And it’s been a while since I created a mixed media canvas and I knew what I needed to do!
Deco Foil Mixed Media Joy Canvas
I grabbed an 8×10 canvas and covered it with white acrylic paint. After it was dry, I added another generous layer of white and added some metallic gold to it. When that layer was dry, I added a little more white in places that needed it.
After the canvas was completely dry, I used a stencil to apply some Transfer Gel Duo on each corner and let it dry for about an hour.
I placed a smaller canvas under this one for stability and added Deco Foil to the stenciled areas. I used the Stencil Pal to help transfer the foil.
painted the Angel Wings with white acrylic paint and let it dry. I adhered the wings to the canvas using some Mixed Media Adhesive and when it was secure, I used a paintbrush to apply Deco Foil Liquid Adhesive to the wings and let that dry for about an hour.
I added some Deco Foil to the wings over the tacky adhesive and used a stiff brush to adhere as much foil as possible to the wings.
I pulled out my stash of paper and crocheted flowers and used the Mixed Media Adhesive and foam tape to place all of the flowers.
I also die-cut some extras from a foiled gel print and added a snowflake and some vines and leaves to the canvas.
I also deco foiled a vintage-looking key by painting on some Deco Foil Liquid Adhesive and then apply the foil once it was tacky.
I splattered some white and gold paint over the top of everything and then sprayed the entire canvas with some gold Glitter Dust. Then added the Joy sentiment and some gems.
The sentiment was cut from foiled toner paper and popped it up using foam adhesive.
This was so much fun and I loved breaking out a lot of my supplies that have been sitting in drawers.
Now about those cards!
I deco foiled a couple of Unity Stamps Toner Card Fronts in gold.
I had some paint leftover so I splattered some gold and white acrylic paint. over both. When they were dry, I added a gold and white panel to the back.
Then I used some Follow Your Dreams adhesive transfers from the Gina K and adhered and applied foil with my die cutting machine. I also die cut a butterfly out of the deco foiled gel print.
I fussy cut the floral and added the sentiment, flower and butterfly with foam adhesive. Finally some pretty glittery gems and this one was done.
And for this one, I die cut the Believe word die from some deco foiled toner paper, the shadow from white cardstock, adhered them together and used foam tape cut in thin strips to adhere it to the card. Finally, I heat-embossed the rest of the sentiment onto a gold strip of cardstock. Clear sequins scattered and done!
I may have gotten a little carried away, but this is one of my favorite color palettes so I couldn’t stop! Hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks so much for stopping! Hope you’ll come again soon for more Therm O Web inspiration!
Therm O Web products I used today:
- iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive
- iCraft Ultra Bond Permanent Dries Clear Adhesive
- Deco Foil Liquid Adhesive
- Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo
- Deco Foil Stencil Pal
- iCraft 3D Foam Adhesive
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets – Gold
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets – Shattered Glass-Gold
- Gina K Designs Fancy Foils – Glimmering Gold
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets – Rainbow Shattered Glass
- Deco Foil Toner Sheets
- Glitter Dust Spray – Gold
- Deco Foil Toner Card Fronts by Unity – Flowers Divine
- Deco Foil Toner Card Fronts by Unity – Gifts A Plenty
- Deco Foil Adhesive Transfers by Gina K – Follow Your Dreams
- Brutus Monroe Magical Monarch Dies
Other products used today:
- Floral Stained Glass Stencil by Miss Ink
- Joy Word Die With Shadow by Rubbernecker Stamps
- Believe Word Die With Shadow by Rubbernecker Stamps
- Season’s Greetings Stamp Set by Miss Ink
- Snowflake Die From A Jillian Vance Design
- Holly & Swirls Die From A Jillian Vance Design
- Flowers, Embellishments, Angel Wings and Keys were all items I picked up along the way (many flowers were from Prima and the crocheted flower was from a friend)
Monday we announced our BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR! Starting today through next Monday save 30% off our entire store* (*NEW Deco Foil HOT Foils are excluded from this sale) And spend $50 after discounts and receive FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous US. Best thing… no code is needed…just shop and save BIG on our website!