Hi there, Jennifer Jangles here. I am excited to show you how to make this ice skate ornament today on the Thermoweb blog.
1/8 yard Skate Fabric
4″ x 12″ Gray wool blend felt
2″ x 4″ Felt for stocking toe and heel
2 1″ x1″ Felt scraps for flower
8″ Wire for hanger or wire hanger
1. Cut out the skate front and back. Iron Heat n Bond® Lite onto the back of the felt for the heel and toe. Cut the pieces from the felt and adhere them into place on the front on the skate. Top stitch down each side of the felt and set aside.
2. Iron a 2″ x 6″ piece of HeatnBond® Heavy Weight Interfacing onto the skate felt. Iron a 2″ x 6″ piece of Heat n Bond® Lite onto the remaining felt.Trace the skate blade onto the paper and cut out.
3. Iron the skate onto the Heavy Weight Interfacing on the skate felt. Trim around the edge to make the skate. Topstitch around the entire outer edge of the skate.
4. Using the paper pattern pieces as a guide place the skate upside down along the base of the skate body. Cut a 1.5″ piece of ribbon, fold in half and tuck fold side in on the top back corner of the body. Place the right sides of the skate body together and pin. At this point you will have to fold the ends of the skate blade inside to pin the fabric.
5. Sew around the outer edges of the skate using a 1/4″ seam allowance. Leave the top open for turning. Clip the curved edges and turn right sides out.
6. Fill lightly with fiberfill.
7. Hand stitch the opening closed. Tie a bow with the remaining ribbon and tack stitch it to the top front as the laces.
8. Place the button in the center of a piece of felt and cut scallops around the outer edge to make a snowflake/flower shape. Place a second piece below and repeat the cutting making the flake a little larger. Repeat for the third color of felt. Stitch the stack together and stitch just below the ribbon loop.
9. To make a wire hanger I have some handy pin able instructions here. Scroll over the image and you can pin it on your Pinterest boards.
Using these same pattern pieces, you can make this stocking zipper pouch as well. Click on the photo and it will take you to the tutorial.
Have a great day,
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook