Hello everyone, it’s Ellen Here. I’m super happy that we’re celebrating fall…Therm O Web has so many options for creating beautiful projects!
Hello Friend Fall Card with Glitz
The first card sparkles and shines with the Glitz Glitter Gel and the Gina K Design Fancy Foils.
Newton’s Nook Design is meanly known for their critter stamps and fun stencils. On this card, I wanted to show you how to make a background that pops with the Glitter Gel and use critters to accent your message.
1. I knew I wanted to use the new “Autumn Wishes” stamp set on this card. To make the sentiment a bit special I used the “Nested Label” dies and applied the “Sparkling Silver” Fancy Foils by running it true my laminator.
2. The background is the focus part of this card. That’s why I created a background piece by Distress ink. The ink is applied in a gradient look; dark on the sides and bright in the middle. This will guide your eyes to the middle of the card; perfect for my sentiment.
3. As you could see on step 2 I applied the Sweet Mango Glitz Glitter Gel with the stencil pall and the Falling Leaves stencil from Newton’s Nook Design. The glitter makes the card looks fabulous! In the end, I used smaller illustrations and added them around the message.
Since the previous card focuses more on the background we do the opposite and create a card that focuses on the illustration.
It took a little bit more time to create this card, but it doesn’t mean it as less fun!
1. First I created a blue background. This time from dark to light. I added snow with the White Glitz Glitter Gel and the “Petite Snow” Stencil.
2. I also wanted to show you a picture with the adhesive dot runner I really really love this thing to glue all the papers lately. It’s the best glue runner I even tried.
3. To make the snowboarders looks like snow I added more Glitz Glitter Gel with a paintbrush.
As last step, I applied sentiment on the card.
4. The Gina K Design “Sequins” Fancy Foil was used for the text. You can accomplish this by transferring the foil on to the Deco Foil Toner Sheets. I did stick the foiled piece on top of the white foam adhesive.
5. After that, you cut out your word. Keep the outline (of the paper) and place it on the card. Then you use the outline to glue the foam on your card.
6. Next you throw out the outline and put the paper word on top of the card. You can see that this little tip ensures everything is perfectly spaced.
ThermOWeb Supplies Used:
Deco Foil – White Foam Adhesive
Gina K. Designs – Foam Squares White
Gina K. Designs – Adhesive Dot Runner
Gina K. Designs – Nested Label Dies
Gina K. Designs Foil-Mates – Label Borders
Gina K. Designs Stampsnstencils – Autumn Wishes stamp set
Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils – Gold Sequins
Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils – Sparkling Silver
Gina K. Designs Glitz Glitter Gel – White
Gina K. Designs Glitz Glitter Gel – Sweet Mango
Newton’s Nook Desing Supplies Used:
Frames and Flags Die Set, Framework Die Set, Holiday Greetings Die Set, Land Border Dies, Sea Border Dies, Falling Leaves Stencil, Petite Snow Stencil, Autumn Mice Stamps, and Dies, Harvest Tails Stamps and Dies and Moose Mountains Stamps and Dies