Candy Cane Christmas Card with Deco Foil
Welcome back! We’re celebrating Candy Canes this week on the blog! I thought it was the perfect time to get this cute Ginger onto a card along with that jumbo candy cane.
I decided to make a second Christmas card in some unexpected colors because it’s getting close to that time! I started by foiling a couple of Toner Card Fronts… one from the Flurry Forest with Lily Pad Deco Foil and one from Holiday Lights using Mystic Rainbow.
I splattered some paint over the top.
And then I sprayed some Iridescent Glitter Dust over the top in a few layers.
Next, I die cut the frame and applied some Transfer Gel Duo to the frame. I chose to do it with the frame inside the cardstock it was cut from and left the center… figuring I’d have a smaller mess and I could use those pieces later… why not!?
I set the frame aside to dry for a couple hours until it was clear and tacky.
And then applied foil to it with the help of the Stencil Buddy.
I popped it up over the top of the trees card front and that cute little Ginger Lady.
So pretty right?
While I was waiting for the frame to dry, I decided to apply the Transfer Gel Duo over the top of the Holiday Lights panel and when that was dry to tacky, I added some Magical Shattered Glass Deco Foil.
Then I got out the Happy Everything Adhesive Transfers in two sizes. I foiled the largest in the Mystic Rainbow and the smaller one in the Radiant Red and die cut them with the coordinating dies.
I also used a Christmas word die and cut it out of some foiled toner paper… Plum for the Holiday Lights…
And radiant red for the candy cane card.
I popped everything up onto the card front for each and added some sequins!
Alike yet different! I love both! I especially love that clear Shattered Glass background pattern…
Thanks so much for stopping! I hope you loved it and be sure to come back soon for more Candy Cane inspiration! You won’t regret it!
I have links below to all of the Therm O Web products I used for today:
- Deco Foil Toner Card Fronts By Unity – Flurry Forest
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets – Lily Pad
- Deco Foil Toner Card Fronts By Unity – Holiday Lights
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets – Mystic Rainbow
- Glitter Dust Spray – Iridescent
- Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo
- Magical Shattered Glass Deco Foil by Brutus Monroe
- iCraft Foam Tape Jumbo Roll-1/16″
- iCraft Foam Tape Jumbo Roll-1/8″
- Deco Foil Adhesive Transfer Designs – Happy Everything
- Deco Foil Stamp and Die Set – Happy Everything
- Deco Foil Toner Sheets
- Gina K Designs Fancy Foils-Radiant Red
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets, Plum
Other Products Used: