Hello friends and welcome back to the Thermoweb Blog. My name is Jennifer Long and I am excited to be back today to share another angle on the popular Gnome Tutorial by Bee Sew Inspired.
Plaid Fabric Gnomes
These Gnomes are so versatile and I know how much everyone is loving them, so I wrote a tutorial-style pattern that you can download as a FREE PDF pattern! This FREE Tutorial pattern is ONLY through the Thermoweb Blog! YAY! We love Thermoweb!!!
What you Need:
Gnome Doll Pattern Templates
Gnome Template Pattern
Gnome.SVG Cut Files
FREE Gnome Tutorial Pattern available HERE on the Thermoweb Blog!
Bee Sew Inspired GNOME DOLL Tutorial
Fabric Fuse Quick Bond Fabric Adhesive
Embroidery Threads in a variety of colors
Applique and straight scissors
Small amount of Polyester Fiber Fill
Scraps of cotton fabric
Benzie Wool-Blend Felt
Use the code “BEESEWINSPIRED” at Benzie Design checkout to receive 10% off your first Felt purchase!
Let’s Get Started:
1. Download the FREE Gnome Pattern Templates, SVG Cut Files, and PDF Tutorial!
2. Cut out all the main body pieces according to the Templates. Trace the nose and beard/apron on the paper side of the HeatnBond Lite Sewable Iron-on Adhesive. Cut the shapes out WIDER than the drawn line. Preheat your iron and place the adhesive on the wrong side of the fabric that you will be used for each pattern piece. Place and hold the iron on the paper liner for 2 seconds. Repeat until the entire surface is bonded.
3. Cut along the drawn paper line and then peel off the paper liner. Place the fused fabric, adhesive side down, on top of the Gnome body. Press and hold your iron for 6 seconds on each section until the entire piece is bonded.
4. Continue the assembly directions for the Gnome Doll found in your FREE PDF Tutorial.
5. Embellishments: Let’s add some whimsy to our gnomes hats! First, gather some felt scraps and cut out the desired shapes. I cut out leaves and used tiny felt balls for berries! Next apply a generous amount of Quick Bond Fabric Adhesive to the back of each embellishment. Place in the desired position and hold for a few seconds. Set aside and let dry for 30 minutes.
Be Creative!!! Think about using buttons, ribbons, tiny pine cones, or any other treasure you think your little Gnome would like to display on his/her hat!!!
If you know anything about me, you know I use to be a professional ballet dancer. So I just couldn’t resist having all the Gnome Dolls do a little promenade around their very favorite Thermoweb product – Fabric Fuse! Can’t you just hear the music playing? lol…
Thank you for joining me today on the Thermoweb Blog! You are going to love how quick, fun and adorable this sweet little Gnome project are! I can hardly wait to see all the Gnomes pop up in my feed. Please tag me @beesewinspired and @thermoweb when you make your Gnomes! I would love to reshare and tag you back!
Until next time – have a very creative day!!! – Jennifer Long – Bee Sew Inspired