Hello friends, this is Jennifer Long from, Bee Sew Inspired, fabric designer with Riley Blake Designs and a doll and quilt pattern designer.
This week on the blog we are inspired by the phrase down the rabbit hole and Riley Blake has the perfect fabric line for it. It’s actually called “Down the Rabbit Hole” and was designed by Jill Howarth for Riley Blake.
This pattern is inspired by a classic fairy-tale where a Deck of Cards comes to life!!! The cards are laid on this quilt with some cards flipped over to reveal the “suit”, while other cards are showing the beautiful pattern backs of the cards.
This quilt is the perfect lap-size quilt and finishes at approximately 68”x 83. The fully illustrated, step-by-step instructions walk you through each block construction with traditional piecing techniques.
Let’s get creative! Just gather the supplies below, then download the pattern and letter labels. Don’t forget to share your Deck Of Cards Quilt on social media using the hashtag #BSImakersclub and tag @beesewinspired.
What You Need:
- Sewing Machine
- Rotary Cutter
- Quilting Ruler
- Self-Healing Mat
- Iron and Wool Mat
For the fabric we used Down the Rabbit Hole by Jill Howarth for Riley Blake Design
- Download the Deck Of Cards Quilt Pattern at http://www.beesewinspired.com/download-codes and use the code “DECKOFCARDS”
- 1 1/2 yards background (white)
- 2 yards outer border and diamond card (navy)
- 1 yard back of the cards print (floral)
- 3/4 yard fabric for heart card (pink)
- 3/4 yard fabric for the club card (yellow)
- 3/4 yard fabric for spade card (light blue)
- 1 yard sashing (pink)
- 3/4 yard inner border (yellow)
- 3/4 yard Binding
- 5 1/4 yards Backing
- Batting: 4” larger on all sides than the finished quilt size
- Gather all your tools and supplies
- Download and print the pattern/templates.
- Download and print the letter labels.
- Cut and label all your fabrics according to the directions. Use the cutting chart for fabric placement.
- Follow the fully-illustrated, step-by-step instructions
- Be creative! Use your imagination to add embellishments, embroidery details and texture!
- Display your finished Deck Of cards Quilt