Howdy ya’ll, it’s Jamie Mueller of Sunflower Quilts back with a fun new project! Today we will be making a toy pouch for those special kiddos in your life. I know my son, nieces and nephews all have their favorite toys that they want to take everywhere. Instead of throwing them all in a giant bag, this toy pouch is perfect for them to stay organized and learn how to use zippers!
Toy Pouch Tutorial with HeatNBond®
2 Coordinating Fat Quarters
Fabric with applique image
1 yard NEW HeatNBond®Soft Stretch in Lite
1/4 yard HeatNBond® Featherlite for applique
12” coordinating zipper
Toy Pouch Directions:
1. From each fat quarter, cut 2- 9” X 13” pieces. (4 pieces total)
2. From HeatNBond® Soft Stretch in Lite (you could also use our HeatnBond Light Woven Interfacing, cut 4- 9” X 13” pieces.
3. Using packaging instructions, fuse HeatNBond® to wrong side of 9” X 13” fabric pieces.
4. Using packaging instructions, fuse HeatNBond® featherlite to wrong side of desired applique design.
5. Cut out applique design.
6. Place applique design on RIGHT side of one outer 9” X 13” fabric piece (fabric you want for outside of pouch. Remove paper and iron in place.
7. Stitch around applique design using a small zigzag stitch.
8. Applique design is now finished. Assemble pouch using your favorite pouch assembly technique. Click HERE for a video on how I assembled this toy pouch.
If you make a toy pouch be sure to tag me! #sunflowerquilts #thermoweb