Hi fellow crafters! Gail here from Boo and Lu. Today I am sharing a festive and fun snowflake applique tutorial with you! I’m using fabric from Riley Blake Designs new collection, All About Plaids. Plaid fabrics just say “classic winter look” to me so I just knew I had to pair it with a winter classic: a snowflake!
Snowflake Applique Applique Dress
Snowflake Project Supplies
- HeatnBond UltraHold Iron-On Adhesive
- Something to put your applique on (I used the Molly dress from Simple Life Pattern Company but you can also use a store-bought garment if you prefer)
- A scrap piece of fabric large enough to fit the snowflake
- And this Snowflake Applique Template
Please read through the instructions completely before sewing.
- Trace the applique template onto the paper side of your HeatnBond UltraHold Iron-On Adhesive.
- Using your iron, fuse the HeatnBond Adhesive to the WRONG side of your applique fabric.
- After your fabric has cooled completely, cut around your outline using scissors.
- Remove the paper backing from your applique.
- Place the applique where you’d like it on your garment and using your iron, fuse the applique to the garment. That’s it, you are done!
How easy was that? And now you have a super cute snowflake outfit for the holidays.
Happy Sewing, xoxo Gail