Hello fellow crafters! Gail here from Boo and Lu. Today I am sharing a fun fall applique with you!
We love Thanksgiving in our home, though maybe for the wrong reasons. We LOVE food. As a military family, we don’t often get to spend the holidays with families, but that doesn’t stop us from creating a huge feast for our kids.
Our 3 kiddos will tell you that their favorite Thanksgiving treat is pumpkin pie. I’d be lying if I told you it wasn’t mine as well! So, of course, I would choose pumpkin pie as a theme for my girl’s Thanksgiving outfits.
- HeatnBond Soft Stretch Lite Iron-On Adhesive Roll
- A skirt, dress, or top of your choice. I sewed up our favorite skirt pattern for this look, the Mattie Suspender Skirt from Simple Life Pattern Company (without the suspenders added)
- Fabric scraps in 3 different colors, one for pie, one for the crust, and one for whipped cream
- Thread to match
- (Right-click to save the pattern)
- Thermoweb Pumpkin Pie Applique
Please read through the instructions completely before sewing.
- Trace the applique pattern onto the paper side of your Heat N Bond Iron-On Adhesive.
- Using your iron, fuse the Heat N Bond onto the WRONG side of your applique fabric.
- After your fabric has cooled completely, cut out around your outline using scissors.
- Remove the paper backing from your applique.
- Place the applique where you’d like it on your garment.
- Using your iron, fuse your applique to the garment.
- Using coordinating thread, topstitch around the entirety of the applique. I like to use the quilting stitches that come with my machine for this step. Feel free to experiment with any decorative stitches that your machine may come with.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Sewing, xoxo Gail