Heat n’ Bond® Fleece Fusible High Loft
quilters cotton 12″ x 6″ piece
linen 12″x 4″ piece
Velvet RicRac 1 1/3 yard
1/8″ velvet ribbon 1 yard
Disappearing Ink Fabric Marker
stuffing of choice (there are sew many fun options)
1. Press Heat n’ Bond® Fleece, Fusible High Loft to quilters cotton and linen pieces and cut them to size:
2- 6″ x 6″ pieces of quilters cotton & fusible fleece
4- 2 ” x 6 ” pieces of linen
2. Mark cut pieces for quilting.
3. Using a nice weight thread (I used a 12 wt) quilt along marked lines.
4. Trim Velvet Ribbons into 6″ strips and stitch in place around all four sides of top and bottom of cushion. Baste 1/8″ strips of velvet ribbon to side panels.
5. Assemble pin cushion. Sew 2 side pieces to opposite sides of cushion top with right sides facing using a 1/4 inch seam. Repeat with cushion bottom and remaining side pieces. With right sides facing sew long raw edge of side pieces to oposite side of pin cushion, leave 2 inch opening on one side to turn. Stitch corners closed and turn cushion right side out.
6. Fill cushion, I use a mix of fiber fill and crushed walnut shells that way I have a soft cushion with a nice weight to it. Hand sew opening closed.
7. Tuft center of pincushion using thread and doll needle pulling thread tight run threw the pinchshion a few times for strength and tie a knot at the bottom.
–Simply quilted makes the perfect gift. But I’m keepin’ this one! Happy Sewing, Jennifer Davey