The pinks and reds. The focus on expressing how we feel to those close to us. Is there anything not to love about Valentine’s day? Especially when you have cute decor to put out and get you in the spirit of the holiday? This NO-SEW Love is All Around hoop art is fast to make and so much fun to display!
Love is All Around Hoop
- Fabric for the background – at least a 10″ square
- fabric for letters – I am using Sending Love fabric by Riley Blake Designs
- felt for hearts – I am using three different colors, you can use as many as you like
- 8″ embroidery hoop
- Love all around hoop pattern
- HeatnBond Ultrahold Fusible Adhesive
- SpraynBond Pattern and Stencil Adhesive
- Fabric Fuse Liquid Adhesive
- You may also want a glue gun and pom pom trim to finish your hoop if desired.
Create letters for applique
- Trace the letters from the pattern onto the paper side of your HeatnBond Ultrahold.
- Cut out the letters leaving a slight margin around the group.
- Use your iron to fuse the HeatnBond Ultrahold to the wrong side of your fabric- follow the instructions on the package for heat settings on your iron.
- Cut out the individual letters along the traced line.
- Remove the paper backing from the letters.
- Position the letters onto the background fabric. I like to use the embroidery hoop as a guide for this- *BE sure to leave enough fabric around the edges for securing the fabric into the embroidery hoop.
- Move the embroidery hoop out of the way and use your iron to fuse the letters into place- again following package instructions for heat setting and time.
Adding hearts to Love all around the hoop
- Cut out the group of hearts- separate into colors if using multiple colors of felt. Be sure to leave a slight margin around the hearts.
- Lightly spray the back of the paper pattern with the SpraynBond Pattern and stencil Adhesive.
- Place the pattern pieces onto your felt.
- Cut out the hearts along the printed line.
- Remove the paper pattern pieces from the felt.
- Place the background fabric into the embroidery hoop. *Make sure the letters are straight and the fabric is taut and the hoop is tight.
- Position the hearts as desired using the diagram on the pattern as a guide.
- Use FabricFuse Liquid Adhesive to glue the felt hearts into place.
Finishing your hoop
Trim the background fabric to 1/2″ away from the hoop. Use your glue gun to glue the fabric to the inside of the back of the hoop. Add pom pom trim or other details to finish off your hoop.
All that is left to do is to just feel the love! I hope you have fun making this hoop.
Love this hoop decor! Check out some more of Amy’s projects that coordinate perfectly!
Happy Crafting! Amy