Let’s Get To Know Designer Missy Whidden
What can we say…we were thrilled to bits when we asked Designer Missy Whidden to join our team and she said YES! Missy’s layouts are full of color, life, vibrancy, details and amazing attention to detail. They transport us right to that moment…which is an amazing feat….which is why we are so pleased she’s now part of our team to share projects like this…with YOU!
So we asked Missy to share some information about herself with all of you….she’s not got us wishing we too had a burger from Bobby Flay right now!
1) Favorite color—turquoise blue & pink
2) Best place to go grab a bite to eat? —a small burger joint I discovered in Las Vegas called Bobby’s Burger Palace. Best burger I’ve ever eaten!
3) if you won a million dollars…first thing you would do? —Pay off all our debts, help finish my daughters’ school’s construction and build a new home.
4) Are you a sports fan? Favorite team to sheer on?—Yes! College football. I’m a Florida Gator all the way. I also actually enjoy watching golf.
5) Dream car if price was no limit? Or boat? Or vacation if those aren’t you. Dream vacation would definitely be Tahiti or Bora Bora. I want to stay in one of those over-the-water tiki huts.
6) Slot machines, pinball machines, xbox one or give me a good ole deck of cards or board game?—I’ll say slot machines since my husband and I love going to Vegas.
7) Number one quality about yourself?—I’d say I’m outgoing and definitely a people person. I’m pretty low maintenance, which my husband loves…haha!
8) Dream date with any famous person?—Stephen Amell from Arrow. That man is perfection! But then I might have to choose Jimmy Fallon because I love his personality, and I know he’d have me laughing the entire time.
9) Favorite tv show? movie?—The Walking Dead, Survivor, Arrow, The Bachelorette (shhhh!), The Vampire Diaries are my favorite TV shows. Movies are Steel Magnolias, Urban Cowboy, Jaws, Pretty in Pink and Thelma & Louise.
10) If you could describe yourself in an ice cream flavor..what would it be?—Chocolate, hands down! Nothing beats good ol’ fashioned chocolate.
11) Tell us about you and your family?—I’ve been married to Marshall for over 17 years, but we’ve been together for 23. We went to high school together but didn’t start dating until college. We have two autistic & nonverbal daughters, Reese & Paige. They attend a special needs school and are doing very well. They are the sweetest & happiest girls, and we love them to pieces. Life is never boring at our house! We are home bodies most of the time and spend a lot of time in our pool. My husband is a Landscape Architect, and I’m a fitness instructor. In my life before having children, I taught high school English. We do enjoy traveling when we get the chance. We love going to Las Vegas and the Caribbean islands. We still live in our childhood hometown, and so do all of our parents & grandparents.
12) Favorite layout or project you’ve made?—I have a lot of favorites, but this one I made for a guest spot at Pink Paislee is one of my all-time favorite pages.
13) Name one item on your bucket list?—Visiting New Zealand is pretty high up there!
14) Best book you’ve read or favorite author? The Kite Runner, To Kill a Mockingbird and A Land Remembered (a book about Florida History).
Although Missy might be “newish” to our team she’s definitely not new to scrapbooking! Be sure to follow our YouTube channel for updates on when we share new process videos showing how you can recreate Missy’s stunning scrapbook pages! See more of Missy’s projects on her blog too! And click here to see the scrapbook pages she has made with our products to inspire you!