With the holidays over, it’s time to gather up photos and share with family and friends, especially if you tend to be the designated photographer in the group.
Add a personal touch to your presentation by creating this festive CD Folder to hold those photos and include a special message or provide a place for them to journal their own memories themselves of the holiday.
Therm O Web can help put this project together in a snap and help you kick off the new year sharing your fabulous photos with those you love.
Holiday Photos CD Folder by Patti Milazzo
Therm O Web Supplies:
Therm O Web Mini Runner – Sticky Tape
Therm O Web Supertape 1/8”
Therm O Web Zots – Bling
Therm O Web Zots – Medium
Therm O Web Zots – 3D
Therm O Web Glitter Dust – Silver
Therm O Web iCraft Adhesive Sheet
Therm O Web iCraft Adhesive Tape ½”
Therm O Web 3D Adhesive Foam – Squares
DCWV – The Evergreen Stack
Sizzix Dies (Big Shot) – Snowflakes and Styled Labels
Doodlebug Design Sugar Coated Metallic Aluminum Glitter
coordinating cardstock; hemp; alpha stickers
- Create CD holder from cardstock. The example shown here is 11.5” x 9.5” with score marks at 5 ¾” (middle of the length) and at 4” from the bottom of the height of the folder. 2 half circles were then punched out from the top of the folded up ends.
- Apply strips of Therm O Web 1/8” Supertape along the sides to be sealed on the folder, remove the protective strip and press the folded areas firmly.
- Embellish inside of folder simply with pattern paper strips and a scalloped decorative border. Apply Therm O Web Silver Glitter Dust to black cardstock label for extra sparkle, let dry thoroughly. Then use Therm O Web Mini Runner to adhere pieces. Add words with alpha stickers to complete.
- Create a simple note or journaling card to insert into the left pocket. Cover the photo CD with pattern paper by applying a sheet of iCraft Adhesive to the back of pattern paper. Cut a 4.5” circle and press firmly onto the top side of the CD, then insert into the right pocket.
- For the front of the holder, pattern paper to cover background, a die cut a label from black cardstock and 4 snowflakes from pattern paper and vellum. Spray all with Silver Glitter Dust and let dry. Also cut pattern paper strips to create a border below the label.
- Layer pieces to create the cover of the folder, adhering these with the Therm O Web Mini Runner.
- To attach the label, apply several Therm O Web 3D Adhesive Foam Squares to the back and position just above the border strips.
- Layer the snowflakes with Therm O Web 3D Zots and adhere them to the top and bottom opposing corners of the label with 3D Adhesive Foam Squares. Add a little sparkle by applying pieces iCraft Adhesive Sheet to white cardstock, then punch small circles to be adhered in the center of the snowflakes. Use Therm O Web Bling Zots to attach the small gems, as shown.
- Finish the front cover with alpha stickers for the title/subtitle and use hemp as a closure for the folder.
I hope your inspired to wrap up your holiday season with this project…Enjoy!
Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a comment with us letting us know your favorite Local Quilt Shop! Our HeatnBond prize pack winner is:
“My favorite local quilt shop is called PUCKY HUDDLE CANDOR, NEW YORK even the outside of the building is cool, it is this awesome purple color!”
Jean…thank you for sharing…we’d love to see photos of the store! Please email me at Julia at JSandvoss@Thermoweb.com with your mailing information. Thanks so much for being a Therm O Web/HeatnBond fan!