Hello everyone, and happy October! It’s Stephanie from Sissy Belle Sews here with a fun fall project! Fall is in full swing around here, and my boys are already getting excited for Halloween! I haven’t even thought about Halloween costumes yet.
I’ve been too busy making cute Halloween things for our home. Today I have two things to share with you! The first is my latest pattern, the Patchwork Pumpkin mini quilt pattern. It’s been a while since I’ve written a quilt pattern, and I forgot how much I enjoy it!
Halloween Patchwork Jackolantern Pillow with HeatnBond
And the second is an applique pattern I designed to go with the mini quilt pattern in case you want to turn your pumpkin into a Jackolantern! Both the mini quilt and the applique are beginner-friendly, and this project goes together pretty quickly. It’s a great scrap buster too! I turned my mini into a pillow, but it would be perfect as a wall hanging or table topper as well! Wherever you put it, it’s sure to bring a little Halloween spirit into your home, and not the spooky kind!
- Jackolantern Templates
- 1 package of Heat n Bond Lite Fusible Adhesive
- Black fabric scraps for the applique
- Patchwork Pumpkin Mini Quilt Pattern
- See pattern for fabric requirements
- Make the Patchwork Pumpkin Mini Quilt following pattern instructions.
- Trace the Jackolantern applique pieces on the paper side of the Heat n Bond. The pattern pieces have already been reversed. Fuse the pattern pieces to the wrong side of a piece of black fabric. Cut shapes along the line.
- Peel the backing off of the pattern pieces.
- Arrange them on the patchwork pumpkin and fuse in place following package directions.
- Stitch applique pieces in place to secure.
- Quilt your mini and bind it. I turned mine into a pillow, but you can really use it anywhere! Now, I need to decide where I’m going to keep my pillow.
So many options…
Thanks for sewing along with me today!