Hello friends, this is Jennifer Long from, Bee Sew Inspired, fabric designer with Riley Blake Designs and doll and quilt pattern designer.
I am so excited about Woodland Animal week at Thermoweb! Currently, I have submersed in all things Foxes with the release of my Forest Friends fabric collection. This Fox Cub Quilt Pattern that I am sharing with you today is the perfect crib-size quilt! It also makes a wonderful over-the-couch throw, so come and sew with me today!
You can use the coupon code to snag this BRAND NEW pattern at a discounted rate (code only available through Thermoweb’s Blog) and join me for a guided, video Quilt-Along throughout the month of November. Sign up for the FREE QAL HERE.
What You Need:
- Fox Cub Crib Quilt Pattern (use the code “FOXCUB25” for 25% off the Fox Cub Quilt pattern through to November 30/2022)
- Join the Fox Cub FREE video Quilt-Along HERE
- Sewing Machine
- Rotary Cutter
- Quilting Ruler
- Self-Healing Mat
- Iron and Wool Mat
- Yardages for all Quilt Versions (Pieced Border and Plain Border):
• Main Print for Fox Body: 1 yard
• Accent Print for Fox Body and Face: 3/8 yard
• Accent Print for Fox Face, Ears and Paws: 3/8 yard
• Fox Block Background: 1 ½ yards
• Inner Border: 5/8 yard
• Binding: 5/8 yard
• Backing: 3 ¾ yards
- Additional Yardages for Pieced Border:
• Additional Inner Border Fabric: ¾ yard
• 3 Coordinating Prints for Arrows: 3/8 yard each
• 1 Coordinating Print for Arrows and Quilt Corners: 5/8 yard
• Outer Border: 5/8 yard
- Additional Yardages for Plain Border:
• Plain Border: 1 ¼ yards
Fox in Socks Quilt Instructions:
1. Grab the Fox Cub Crib Quilt Pattern (use the code “FOXCUB25” for 25% off the Fox Cub Quilt pattern through to November 30/2022)
2. Sign up for the FREE video Quilt-Along HERE.
3. Download the 5-week Quilt-Along Schedule HERE.
4. Gather all your fabrics. I used Forest Friends – Back Country Adventure (designed by me for Riley Blake Designs).
5. Cut out all your fabrics using your rotary cutter and follow the cutting directions in the pattern. You can use the FREE Letter Labels to label all your pieces. The Download code for these Letter Labels is on page 1 of the booklet. You can enter the code HERE.
6. Piece together the Quilt top, following the pattern directions (or join the Quilt-Along with me in November!)
7. Layer the Fox Cub quilt top, Stitch n Sew – Sew in Fleece and prepared the backing. Quilt as desired. Trim off any excess of Stitch n Sew – Sew in Fleece and bind your quilt with your favorite binding method.
Your Fox Cub Crib Quilt is complete!
Thank you for joining me today on the Thermoweb Blog! I can not wait to see your finished Fox Cub Crib Quilt. Please share using the hashtag #foxcubquilt and tag both myself @beesewinspired and @thermoweb so we can cheer you on!
Happy Sewing! – Jennifer Long