Hiya ThermOWeb fans! Have you been following along and have seen all of the ornament-inspired projects the other designers have shared this week? So inspirational, aren’t they? My share today is ornament-themed as well – ornaments for your paper crafting projects! While I’m using the ornaments on a scrapbook layout for my memory keeping, you could also use these on cards or as ornaments themselves!
Holiday Ornament Scrapbook Layout with Gina K. Designs
- DecoFoil Flock – Green Envy
- Gina K. Designs Permanent Adhesive Dot Runner, 30 ft., Clear
- iCraft 3D Foam Tape Jumbo Roll (White) 1/8 Thick x 54 ft
- Gina K. Glitz Glitter Gel – Gold, Red Velvet, Grass Green
- Zots Bling Adhesive Dots
- Unity Toner Card Front – Ornate Ornaments
- Deco Foil Transfer Gel DUO
- Purple Tape
- Gina K. Designs StampnFoil Stamp Set, Holly Jolly
- Gina K. Designs StampnFoil Foil-Mates Detail Sheets, Holly Jolly
- Gina K. Designs StampnFoil Metal Dies, Holly Jolly
- Gina K Designs StampnStencil Stamp Set/Metal Die/ Stencil – Wishing You Joy
The process to create the ornaments (and greenery; holly leaves and mistletoe) is comprised of essentially the same three steps whether using either the Gina K Stamp ‘n Foil (Holly Jolly, the rounder ornament) or the Stamp ‘n Stencil (Wishing You Joy, longer ornament); stamping, “media” application be it Flock, Glitz Glitter Gel or Foil then die-cutting. It’s a rather lengthy process depending upon how many embellishments you are creating but keep going, the final outcome is SO worth the time invested!
There are so many fabulous combinations that you can use to create these ornaments with all the different mediums available as well as color combinations. I love that I could make custom ornaments that suited my memories and photos and not have to use “stock” die cuts. Look how that Red Radiant foil on the Unity Ornate Ornaments fussy cut ornament is the perfect place to house my title, nestled amongst the other sparkly ornaments!
Even the holly leaves on the branches have texture and color thanks to the layering of stamps, stenciled Glitz Glitter Gel, and Flock! All created to meet my color needs! Where else are you going to find that custom, textured goodness?!
And here’s the completed layout with all its sparkly goodness. Much easier to “see” how to create these same embellishments on your own in the first half of the process video – just click below!
Festive Holiday Ornament Video Tutorial
Thanks for stopping in today! I hope you’re inspired to create your very own custom ornaments! Be sure to tag #ThermOWeb if you do! – Suzanna