When the leaves start to turn, and the days get crisp and cool, I love turning my attention to the decorations inside my home. Decorations can help to cozy up your home and bring warmth and joy to a new season. Especially when they are as easy and quick as this Fall Applique Hoop!
You might remember the Gather pillow from last year, you can find the template and pattern here. The fabric pumpkins are a free tutorial on my blog here. But, if you want to make the hoop- stay right here!
Fall Pumpkin Applique Hoop Tutorial
- Heat n Bond EZ Print LITE or Heat n Bond Lite
- fabric for applique pieces (scraps) and one 11″ square for the background fabric – I am using various Lori Holt fabrics from Riley Blake Designs
- Fall Applique Hoop Pattern Pieces
- 10″ Embroidery Hoop
- Iron- I used the Oliso mini for this one
- Aurifil 50 wt thread in brown for the thread sketching
Prepare Applique Pieces
- Cut out the pattern pieces leaving a small margin around each piece
- Fuse the pattern piece to the wrong side of the fabric for the piece
- Cut out each pattern piece on the pattern line
- Remove the paper backing from the pattern pieces
Create Hoop Design
- Place your background fabric on your pressing surface, right side up.
- Center the outer ring of your embroidery hoop on top of your fabric.
- Position the applique pieces as desired within the ring.
- Remove the ring and use an iron to fuse the applique pieces in place.
- Finish the applique as desired, with a zig-zag or straight stitch, or some thread sketching as I did.
Place your fabric into the embroidery hoop- centering the design. Once the piece is positioned how you want it, finish the back of the hoop as desired and hang!
I just love how this piece turned out and how well it coordinates with my other fall decor.
If you are interested in making other hoop projects, check out this Mini Felt Flower Hoop Wreath.
Or, if you want to try another style of applique, you might love this Rainbow Applique Pincushion!
Happy Stitching Friends! XOXO- Amy