Hi friends! Gail here from Sunflower Seams Pattern Company. I am so excited to share with you a fun and easy flower applique tutorial today!
Fabric Flower Applique
- Small scraps of fabric
- HeatnBond EZ Print Lite
- TOW Flower Applique Template
- Sewing pattern of your choice
- Fuse the HeatnBond EZ Print Lite onto the wrong side of your scraps of fabric using an iron. I cut my flowers away from the stems before I fused them so that I could use a different color for my stems.
- Cut out your applique pieces using sharp scissors. Make sure to cut around the solid lines. The dashed lines are your stitch lines.
- Peel the paper backing off of your applique pieces and fuse them to your project using your iron.
- Using a marking tool of your choice (I use a heat erasable pen) mark the stitch lines.
- Carefully stitch around the stitch lines using your favorite stich. I used a small straight stitch around the leaves and the flowers and a narrow zig-zag stitch down the stems. Alternatively, you may hand stitch around the applique.
And now you are done! Now finish sewing your project and you have the cutest flower applique!