Hi friends, it’s Ellen here celebrating with you on the collaboration week between ThermOWeb and Ink Road Stamps. Be sure to stop by the Ink Road Stamps blog to see what amazing projects they have created! And be sure to follow this exclusive Instagram Page for a chance to win!
Kicking things off today is NEW designer Ellen Haxelmanns with two colorful cards…wait till you see how she made them!
For this blog post I had a lot of fun with the flock, let me show you how…
As you are new here on the blog you maybe don’t know what flock is. Deco Foil Flock is a new product from ThermOWeb that gives your items a soft/furry feeling. You can use it with Deco Foam Foil or Deco Foil Transfer Gel.
Orange Flock Gorgeous Card
The Deco Foil Flock comes in different vibrant colors. The first card is this orange card using the “Orange Glow” flock.
I will explain how I created this orange card, the other card is created the same way. I just used different items on the second card. Below you can find a picture tutorial with step by step explanation:
1. Before you can add the flock, you need to create the background. I picked different yellow Distress Inks then blended the colors together. After that I sprinkled water, white ink and gold ink on top of the base.
2. The next step is to apply the Deco Foil Transfer Gel. To do that I used the Crazy Daisy – Stampnstencil stencil and the Stencil Pal. After that, you remove the stencil, clean all the tools and wait till the gel is dry. You can see it very well when it’s dry because the gel becomes translucent.
3. To get the flock texture, you put the Flock Transfer Sheet with the colored side facing the dried gel. Put the sandwich in a folded parchment paper and push it into your laminator.
To finish the card I followed the next steps:
4. For both cards, I used the Call Me Maybe stamp set from Ink Road. A lot of the sentiments from this set fit perfectly on the Nested Label Dies from ThermOWeb. I did die cut the shapes out of different colors and stamped the dies with embossing powder.
5. The big Hello Gorgeous Ink Road die set goes perfect with these sentiments. I did cut them out of glitter paper and did put them on the Deco foil White Foam Adhesive.
6. To make the orange card complete I added the Flat Back Half Beats from ink road and some other sequins. Of course the Sheer Satin Fancy Ribbon White & Gold made it look awesome.
Here you can find a closer look at the orange card.
Pink Flock Hello Card
As I told at the beginning of this post, the second card is made the same way only using slightly different products. The pink card I used the Think Pink Deco Foil Flock Transfer Sheet.
Of course, I wanted to use pink Distress Ink for this background. For the words, shapes and sentiments, I used the same products only using other items of it.
For the last touches, I used these Flat Back Half Gems from Ink Road and Sheer Satin Fancy Ribbon White & Silver from ThermOWeb.
I hope you enjoyed my post. In my opinion, the companies are a perfect match, they go so well together and that’s what you see on both cards.
ThermOWeb Supplies Used:
Deco Foil – Transfer Gel
Deco Foil White Foal Adhesive
Deco Foil Flock Transfer Sheets – Think Pink
Deco Foil Flock Transfer Sheets – Orange Glow
Gina K. Designs – Nested Label Dies
Gina K. Designs Sheer Satin Fancy Ribbon – White and Gold
Gina K. Designs Sheer Satin Fancy Ribbon – White and Silver
Gina K. Designs Stampnstencil Detail Stencil – Crazy Daisy
Gina K. Designs Stampnstencil Detail Stencil – Petals & Wings
Gina K. Designs Foam Squares White
ICraft – Mixed Media Adhesive
Stamps: Call Me Maybe – Ink Road stamps Dies: Hello Gorgeous Dies – Ink Road Stamps, Scalloped Rectangle Stackables – Lawn Fawn, Inks: Tuxedo Black – Memento Dye Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seeds, Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar) – Ranger, Embellishments: Flat Back Half Gems/Valerie – Ink Road Stamps and Flat Back Half Beads/Isabemme Peach – Ink Road Stamps
We’d love to give you a chance to win some of these products Ellen used in her amazing and colorful cards today! The winner will be able to choose from products like our Deco Foil Flock Transfer Sheets, Gina K. Designs StampnStencil, Pixie Spray, Deco Foil Metallix, Purple Tape and Ultra Bond just to name a few! You can enter to win by stepping through the Rafflecopter then head over to Ink Road for more chances! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway