Spring seems to bring birth announcements and shower invitations. There is no better excuse to get you sewing, baby sewing is quick and uses small quantities of fabric. Using a store bought pattern and changing our buttons for foil this sweet bumble bib will be ready for your next baby shower.
DECO FOIL™ Hot Melt Adhesive
DECO FOIL™ Transfer Sheets • Pink Melon
DECO FOIL™ Transfer Sheets • Black
HeatnBond® Fleece Fusible High Loft, 3/8 yard
1 inch circle punch
1/4 inch circle punch
Pattern (Used Simplicity 2468)
Supplies and materials as indicated by pattern, I replaced the button eyes and cheek appliques with DecoFoil
Basic sewing tools: Sewing Machine, Iron, Marking tools, Pins
- Cut pattern pieces as directed.
- Stitch together top and bottom of front bib. Fuse HeatnBond® Fleece Fusible High Loft to wrong side of bib front.
- Punch two 1 inch circles from DECO FOIL™ Hot Melt Adhesive with paper punch. Place DECO FOIL™ Hot Melt Adhesive, paper side up, on bib front and iron in place. Place Ric Rac trim and sew in place.
- Peel paper backing from DECO FOIL™ Hot Melt Adhesive and apply DECO FOIL™ Transfer Sheets • Pink Melon as directed on packaging.
- Hand stitch smile with a back stitch. (Used Wonderfil, #8 perle cotton. Razzle, black).
- Finish pattern as directed by manufacturer. Apply eyes in same manner as cheeks in step 3, these can be added during step 3 if desired.
These are so quick you may want to stitch a whole hive of them in preparation for all the impending baby showers.
happy sewing Jennifer Davey of bestillmycraftingheart.blogspot.com
March means.. National Craft Month! For you…that means sales on your favorite items and you guessed it…giveaways!!
For Week Two we’re offering 25% off our HeatnBond® EZ Print Packs! This includes both our EZ Print Lite and Feather Lite (both are perfect for applique work!) PLUS our Pressing Paper and StitchnSew™ EZ Print Quilt Block Sheets along with Free Shipping on orders over $25 after coupon is applied!
Simply use EZP25 (in all caps) to shop and save!!
We’re giving you a chance to win one set of each of our EZ Print Packs! You’ll win all four packs which is a retail value of $30! Plus we’re including this wonderful book from talented quilter Camille Roskelley from Thimble Blossoms! (112 pages of projects, sewing tips, quilts, photography and other random tidbits. With a wide range of projects, it is perfect for beginner quilters and experienced sewists alike) Don’t miss your chance to enter to win!