This weekend is Valentine’s Day and while this sweetie makes a perfect gift for you little Valentine, she’s ideal for gift giving all year round. And she has a fun sparkle of Deco Foil™ shine in her hair too!
iCraft® DECO FOIL™ Transfer Sheets Value Pack • Silver
iCraft® DECO FOIL™ Liquid Adhesive 2.1oz
HeatnBond® Tricot Fusible Soft Stretch All Bias
HeatnBond® EZ Print FeatherLite
StitchnSew® EZ Quilt Block Sheets
Doll Pattern (used Simplicity 1342)
Head, Arms & Legs 3/8 yd (used flesh tone butter suede)
Body 3/8 yd (used metallic knit)
Hair 3/8 yd (used faux suede)
Heart and socks 1 old red sweater
Hand sewing needle
Fine point brush
1. With an inkjet printer copy hair pattern piece onto HeatnBond® EZ Print FeatherLite. Trim roughly around pattern shape and press to wrong side of hair fabric. Cut along cut lines.
2. Copy 2 sets of arms and legs onto StitchnSew® EZ Quilt Block Sheets. Pin to arm and leg fabric. Stitch along seam line on printed block sheets. Cut pattern out along cut line and tear away StitchnSew® EZ Quilt Block Sheets.
4. Fuse hair in place on face piece. Stitch around hair line. Prepair side buns as indicated by pattern. Using fine paint brush brush on iCraft® DECO FOIL™ Liquid Adhesive 2.1oz in desired style. Let dry till tacky. Apply iCraft® DECO FOIL™ Transfer Sheets Value Pack • Silver color side up and rub firmly over glue area. Peel away foil to reveal the shine.
5. Finish doll as instructed by pattern.
6. Draw heart on wrong side of sweater piece. With right sides faceing pin and sew along drawn edges leaving 1-inch opening at side. Trim fabric away ¼-inch from sewn line. Turn tight side out and stuff with Polyester Fiberfil. Hand sew opening closed.
7. Baste stitch along top of lace trim with ribbon. Draw ribbon to gather lace tie with a bow at back of doll.
8. Stitch heart into hands.