I love the gift of organization especially when it is fun and totally personalize. For a quick and easy gift stitch together an Iron-On Vinyl Chalkboard Pocket, fill it with your special someones favorite things and write their name on top.
Create an Iron-On Vinyl Chalkboard Pocket
StitchnSew™ Fleece Sew-In High Loft – 9-inch x 11-inch
SpraynBond® • Basting Adhesive
Lining – 9-inch x 11-inch
Backing – 9-inch x 11-inch
Chalkboard Fabric – 9-inch x 3 1/2-inch
Vinyl – 9-inch x 7-inch
HeatnBond® Iron-On Vinyl matte- 9-inch x 11-inch
Binding – about 2 yards (I made my own but packaged works too)
Fabric marking tool (I used a Frixion Pen)
- Apply HeatnBond® Iron-On Vinyl to right side of lining fabric to protect it from any marks from items you place inside. Follow packaging instructions for application.
- 2. Spray baste lining and backing to either side of fleece. Draw quilting lines onto fabric with fabric marking tool, mine are 2 inches apart and a set perpendicular at the same distance apart. Using a walking foot or Nylon foot (best for use on HeatnBond iron on vinyl) lengthen stitch to 3.0-3.5 and stitch along marked lines.
3. Sew binding to 1 nine inch side of vinyl piece and chalk board piece. Sew the zipper in place between binding side of these pieces.
4. Place finished top panel on quilted bottom panel and clip in place. Using the clips help prevent creating holes in vinyl. Next sew the binding around all four sides to pocket.
5. Once you’re done go ahead and write on black board fabric with chalk or chalk marker.
Last week we officially kicked off the holiday season today with our Festive Friday celebration!
What is Festive Friday? Well it’s a chance to celebrate with YOU are fans all the fun and goodness this holiday season.
We kicked things off with a giveaway with the paper crafter in mind and perfect supplies for all your last minute gift ideas! We’ve gathered up some Echo Park Paper goodies, iCraft® Tape, Glitter Dust™ Frames, Deco Foil™ Transfer Sheets, PeelnStick Toner Sheets, Foam Adhesive and Deco Foil Pen PLUS a $25 Starbucks Gift Card! Simply follow the info to enter to win!
Plus our amazing friends at Mixbook wanted to be part of the fun and are giving YOU a chance to win a $75 credit! YES $75! That means you can shop for holiday cards, gifts, personalized albums and more!
And if that was not enough they’re offering to you our fans a special discount…Mixbook is giving YOU a 40% off discount good on all your cards, books and more! Simply use code: FOIL40 to shop and save now through the end of the year.
Just follow the entry below!