Hello! I’m back with some yummy fun! My very favorite treat is cake… I have some really specific cake rules. If there is frosting around the entire cake, I want a corner piece. If not on the sides, then I want the center.
There are more… but that’s the most important one! I made two cards with cake on them using some of the new releases along with some old faves from the shop.
Bake Me Happy Cards with Glitz Glitter Gel and Foil
I used a couple stencils from Gina K Designs, this adorable gnome from Trinity Stamps and that fabulous cake die from Rubbernecker Stamps along with tons of fun Therm O Web products to make them as delicious as possible.
I started with a couple gel prints. One of my favorite things to do is to save my used foil sheets and run them through the laminator with my gel prints.. you never know how much of the foil will stick, but it’s a surprise I love to get every time. I used some Magical Shattered Glass Deco Foil on both. Then I applied Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo through this little heart stencil onto one panel and set it aside to dry.
Then I used the layered hearts stencil and for the first solid layer I used Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink and that gorgeous purple Glitz Glitter Gel to apply the detail. I LOVE this stencil!
When the Transfer Gel hearts were dry, I ran it through with some Lilac Deco Foil. Then I die-cut the cake from another gel print and used the same purple ink to add color to the frosting and cake plate.
I added some adhesive transfers and foil to the cake layers using my die cutting machine.
I glued all of the pieces together and then popped the cake layers up onto the card. Just a few sequins and this one was done!
I stamped this cutie pie onto Copic friendly paper in colors that coordinated with my background.
I happened to have that frame that I cut for a previous project and didn’t use that just happened to be the perfect colors and already had some Deco Foil added. Then I used some of the new release Adhesive Transfers for my sentiment and of course those lips and cut them out.
I popped the frame up over the background and added my little gnome chef. Then I decided a heart cut from the same gel print that I cut the cake from and popped the sentiment onto the heart.
I just love adhesive transfers. They are so easy to use and I love that the Love & Kisses set has some tiny images that can be added to die cuts for fun but also larger ones that are fun too! I had fun using some of the smaller ones to decorate my cake. Now I want cake.
And because it’s clear-ish the way that magical shattered glass can just go over anything and make it look really wow! And then you can layer stuff over the top too!
I hope you enjoyed your visit! Come back soon!
Therm O Web Products I used today:
- Deco Foil Adhesive Transfer Designs – Love & Kisses
- Brutus Monroe Foil Transfer Sheets – Magical Shattered Glass
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets – Lilac
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets – Plum
- Deco Foil Transfer Gel Blanco
- Gina K Designs Glitz Glitter Gel – Lovely Lavender
- iCraft Ultra Bond Permanent Dries Clear Adhesive Pen
- iCraft Foam Adhesive
Other Products I Used Today:
- Trinity Stamps Make A Wish Stamp Set
- Trinity Stamps Soapy Bubbles Sequins
- Gina K Designs Layered Hearts Stencil
- Gina K Designs Heartfelt Stencil
- Rubbernecker Stamps Birthday Cake Die
- A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Die
- A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Heart Backdrop Die
- A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Scalloped Circle Backdrop Die
- A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot In And Out Circle Backdrop Die