This week we’re excited to kick off Christmas in July with you showcasing Designer Jennifer Jangles new holiday fabric collection Jolly Holiday “In The City” collection!
I adore gifting treats during the holidays and am always looking for the perfect way to wrap it up. Christmas in July is the perfect excuse to play with ideas before the holiday crunch. “This All Wrapped Up” project is a simply insulated wrap that sews up in no time.
Here is what you need…
1 yard each of 2 holiday prints
Heat n’ Bond® Fusible Fleece
Thread to match
Here is what you do…
26 -inch square from each holiday print.
15 -inch x 24-in Heat n’ Bond® fusible fleece
2. Fold both holiday print squares in half on the diagonal and cut off point as indicated in diagram below.
3. Open fabric up and press Heat n’ Bond® Fusible fleece in place on wrong side of one of holiday prints as indicated in illustration below. (red areas indicate where cut off pieces were)4. With right sides facing on holiday print fabrics match all edges and pin in place. Sew along outside edges of fabric with 5/8 -inch seam allowance leaving open one short edge.
5. Turn right side out through opening. Press all sides for crisp edge.
6. Quilt over Heat n’ Bond® Fusible area.
7. Join short ends of fabric with a felled seam, this will create a tube. I use a little wider then normal seam for this project do the the bulky nature of the layers.
Now that your tube is complete slide you goodies inside. Tie the two ends up on top for the perfect finish
Don’t miss a chance to win! Jennifer is offering her must have Kitty the Cat Sewing Kit and we’re giving you an assortment of our iCraft® Deco Foil™ Transfer Sheets along with our Deco Foil™ Hot Melt Adhesive, Spray Adhesive and Liquid Adhesive! Simply follow the Rafflecopter steps to enter to win!a Rafflecopter giveaway