Hello fellow crafters! Gail here from Simple Life Pattern Company and Boo and Lu Blog. I was so excited to hear about Under Water week here on the Thermoweb blog! We are a homeschool family and for our very first science unit this year we are studying Marine Biology. My littlest love bug is obsessed with sharks (I think obsessed may be an understatement). So, naturally I knew I had to make something shark-related for her to wear while they have their first lesson.
Shark Applique Tutorial
- Heat n Bond Soft Stretch Ultra
- Any dress/top sewing pattern you’d like (store bought tees work great too!) I used my favorite knit pattern from Simple Life Pattern Company
- Shark Applique
- Thread to match
- One small square of fabric, just larger than the size of the shark applique
Shark Applique Sewing Instructions
Please read through the instructions completely before sewing.
- Trace the applique shark onto the paper side of your Heat N Bond Soft Stretch Ultra
- Fuse the Heat n Bond to the WRONG side of your applique fabric
- Let your fabric cool down completely
- Cut the shark applique shape along your traced line and remove the paper backing
- Place the applique where you’d like it on your outfit. I chose to place mine right on the bodice. It is easiest to attach to the bodice before the bodice is sewn.
- Fuse the applique with your iron
- Using coordinating threads, topstitch around the entirety of the applique.
- Finish the outfit according to the instructions
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Sewing, xoxo Gail