I cannot express how much I love Fall! And the Sweater Weather collection by Simple Stories was perfect for a Fall layout and some cards using ThermOWeb products!
It’s Katrina on the blog today just sharing a few projects I made for our Simple Stories swap. I used a lot of different ThermOWeb products, so let’s get started.
Therm O Web Supplies:
Therm O Web 3D White Foam Squares-1/4 inch
Therm O Web Sticky Tape Mini Runner
Therm O Web Fabric Fuse™ Liquid Adhesive
Therm O Web iCraft Super Tape™-1/2 inch
Therm O Web iCraft Adhesive Sheets
Therm O Web Zots™ Singles Medium
Therm O Web Decorative Photo Corners-Kraft
Other Supplies: Sweater Weather Collection-Simple Stories; Ribbon-May Arts; Cardstock-American Crafts; Silhouette Cameo with cutting files.
1. Cut papers the following sizes: 6 in x 8 in (dark brown flowers), 7 in x 10 in (light brown leaves), 12 in by 5 in (polka dot) and adhere them using a Sticky Tape Mini Runner. The polka dot paper should be about 2 inches from the top. Then layer and center the other papers on top of it.
2. Add pictures and then decorate around it. Using the iCraft Super Tape, attach a strip of ribbon the width of your paper, underneath the picture. Attach the Super Tape to the ribbon first, peel off red backing and the place on layout.
3. Tie a bow separately out of the same ribbon and attach with the Fabric Fuse Liquid Adhesive.
4. Using 3D Foam Squares, attach other embellishments as you wish.
5. Use the iCraft Adhesive Sheets for any die cuts you would like to add to your project. Cut your iCraft sheet to desired size. Adhere to your paper and then place your paper face up on your machine mat. Then cut your word or image. Once cut, peel your cut off the mat and it will be sticky on the back. Then adhere to your layout where you like.
*Designer Note: I cut the word shown and then decided on a different one, but I wanted to show how to use the sheets. I used it for the “Memories” and the cornstalks by the picture.
And now for the cards. I create two very quick and easy cards that are perfect to send to friends for the fall season. They are also flat enough to drop into the regular mail. Just a few 3D Foam Squares, but nothing that would cause too much extra postage!
This is the card that has the most dimension. I used the 3D Foam Squares underneath the notched labels to give them some lift.
My second card is simple, but you can make layers stand out with the Decorative Photo Corners from Therm O Web. This card uses the 3D Foam Squares for the square layer and little tag at the top. A little dimension to add some fun, but not a lot of bulk!
Thanks for stopping by the Therm O Web blog today and don’t forget to enter for your chance to win the Sweater Weather collection that I worked with, plus a whole lot of adhesives from Therm O Web!
Paper, Scissors and Glue
Be sure to visit us all this week and next as well as stop by the Simple Stories Blog for more projects and ways to win! And speaking of winning..we’d like to give you a chance to win this adorable Sweater Weather Kit from Simple Stories along with an assortment of our adhesives!