Please help us welcome to the blog and Design team… Designer Jennifer Heynen!
We first meet Jennifer at this past year’s Quilt Market Show in Houston Texas! Her booth was filled with so many great projects we knew we had to ask to work together!
We’d like to invite you to visit our Designer page to learn a bit more about this incredibly talented gal and also click the links after the tutorial to visit her personal blog and more!!
Today she has her first project for us…a flower mug rug tutorial…perfect gift for YOU, a teacher, friend or someone special for Mother’s Day too!
It’s my first project as a Therm O Web Design Team member, I couldn’t be more excited. These went together in a jiffy, and here’s the how-to.
Supplies for one coaster:
*Fabric used in this project is from my Extraordinary World collection from In The Beginning Fabrics.
1. Pattern pieces can be found here as a PDF file so they are easy to print. Fold the petal fabric in half and cut 4 sets of petals. This will give you eight petals total. Cut 2 circles from the center fabric.
2. With right sides together sew around the curved outer edge of the petals. Be sure to leave straight side open for turning. Clip around outer edge, turn and press.
3. Spray each of the wrong sides of the center fabric pieces with spray baste. You could also use HeatnBond Lite here as well and apply it to each backside of the pieces.
4. Arrange the four petals onto the circle as shown in the above photo. Be sure that the edges of the petals will be hidden under the center. Place the remaining circle on top of the petals and press with an iron.
5. With a sewing machine or by hand, start on the outside of the circle and sew in a spiral until you reach the center. Trim any excess threads.
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook
Yesterday we kicked off a giveaway..in case you missed it…here’s what you can enter to win… our SuperTape, Sticky Strip Runner, Vellum Adhesive Runner, 3D Foam Squares, Super Stick Glue Stick along with our Zots in Small, Medium and Large AND AND we’ll tuck in our Peel n Stick too! Who knows…maybe a few more goodies too! Simple use our Rafflecopter Giveaway to enter today through St. Patrick’s Day!
a Rafflecopter giveaway