Hi Therm O Web friends, Nicole here from Modern Handcraft with some quick HeatnBond® Fusible Fleece ornaments to make using all of those smaller scraps of fleece you have left over from larger projects. These little chalkboards are just so much fun using the adorable Chalkboard Christmas fabric by Iza Peal Designs for Windham Fabrics. A simple embroidery with white thread and you can customize these to say whatever you like!
- Chalkboard Christmas by Iza Pearl Designs for Windham Fabrics
- Therm O Web HeatnBond® Fusible Fleece
- Therm O Web SpraynBond® Basting Spray or NEW Liquid Fabric Fuse™
- White embroidery thread, needle and small hoop
- Fabric pencil
- Decorative string, ribbon or bakers twine to hang
- Write your message on the chalkboard fabric using your fabric pencil / pen. Place in embroidery hoop and embroider with white thread. Remove, lightly iron flat and cut to your desired size. For my ornaments I chose to cut the front and back pieces 3″ x 4″.
- For each ornament you make you will need a front, back and fusible fleece piece cut to measure 3″ x 4″.
- Iron your ornament front to the fusible side of your fleece, using basting spray or Liquid Fabric Fuse glue to fuse the back fabric on.
- Add biding around the edges like you would a quilt. Cut strips of 2.5″ fabric for my binding, connecting end to end and folding longways and ironing. Match up the raw edges of the binding with the raw edges of your ornament, stitch using a 1/4″ seam allowance. Connecting at the two ends.
- Fold over, pin and machine or hand stitch into place.
- Using your decorative string or bakers twine, cut a 6″ strip and tie knots on ends. Stitch to the front of your ornament.
You are finished!
Get creative by adding your family members name and dates for a custom 2014 ornament or favorite holiday saying.