I have always been a fan of rainbows. I love the bright colors, the happiness they bring and the promise they represent good things to come after storms. This rainbow hoop is simple to make and will surely add some cheer and delight to your decor.
Rainbow Hoop Tutorial
- Heat n Bond EZ-Print Featherlite sheets (2)
- 14″ square of background fabric
- a rainbow of fabrics large enough for each row of the rainbow
- 10″ embroidery hoop
- Rainbow Hoop Applique Pattern
- Print the pattern onto the paper side of your EZ-Print Featherlite sheets. I recommend feeding the sheets one at a time into your printer to get better results.
- Cut out each pattern piece leaving a slight margin around each piece.
- Fuse the pattern piece to the wrong side of the corresponding fabric following the package directions.
- Cut out each pattern piece along the printed line.
- Remove the paper backing.
Create Rainbow Hoop
- Place your fabric square on your pressing surface.
- Arrange your rainbow in the center of the fabric square.
- Fuse the rainbow into place.
- Take your rainbow to your sewing machine and sew around each piece using a narrow zig-zag stitch or a straight stitch.
- Center your rainbow in your embroidery hoop.
- Finish your hoop as desired.
This hoop makes a wonderful statement on its own.
It also makes a perfect companion to the rainbow umbrella pillow I shared a couple of weeks ago.
And, I shared a mini version of this rainbow on my blog. The mini version is perfect for mug rugs.
Big or small, this rainbow is sure to bring some happiness and color into your life! Happy Rainbow making my friends! xoxo, Amy