Have you ever been to the store only to leave without that ONE item you went to the store to get? Leave the shopping list at home and come back without a thing you needed? Well here is a solution for you! Your list of “essentials” will always be with you when you carry this DecoFoiled Market Tote. Best to get started today!
Here’s what you need…
iCraft® DecoFoil™ Transfer Sheets – Silver
iCraft® DecoFoil™ Hot Melt Adhesive
Heat n’ Bond® Fusible Fleece – 2/3 yard
2/3 yard white fabric
2/3 yard contrast lining
1 1/2 yards of 7/8-inch Ribbon ( used May Arts: Ruched Ruffle/Satin Edge Ribbon)
Thread : heavier weight thread for best detail (used Coats & Clark jeans top stitching thread):red, blue and all purpose white.
Electronic Cutter (used a Artistic Edge by Janome)
Fabric Marking Pencil/Pen
This is what you do…
1. Cut lining to 20 x 34″. Cut outer fabric & Heat n’ Bond® Fusible Fleece to…20-inch x 17 1/2-inches. Press outer fabric to Heat n’ Bond Fusible Fleece. Mark lines on outer fabric to create desired paper print. Sample bag has a vertical red line 6-inches from right edge and blue lines horizontally 3-inches from top and spaced 1 1/2 -inches apart down the length of the fabric. Repeat on back panel.
2. Thread sewing machine with appropriate colored thread and adjust the stitch length to a 3. Following marked lines on quilt on outer fabric.
3. Using electric cutter cut your “essentials” shopping list out of Deco Foil Hot Melt Adhesive. (used: eggs, bread, chocolate…fabric, fabric and more fabric would be fun too.)
4. Press Deco Foil™ Hot Melt Adhesive in place on outer piece. Peel away paper backing, place Deco Foil™ Transfer Sheet (dull side down) over Deco Foil Hot Melt Adhesive, cover with press paper and press. Allow foil to cool then peel away the Deco Foil™ Silver Transfer Sheet.
5. With right sides together, sew bottom of outer pieces together. Fold bottom seam up, in an accordion fashion, 2 1/2-inch. Sew along sides of bag with 1/2 inch seam.
6. In same manner fold center bottom of lining piece up 2 1/2-inches and sew along side seams with 1/2 inch seam, leaving 4-inch opening on one side to allow us to turn right side out.
7. Cut ribbon into 2: 20-inch pieces and set remainder aside for final step. Pin ribbon handles in place on front and back bag pieces. Secure by basting in place with 1/4 inch seam.
8. With tote base right side out and lining wrong side out, place base inside lining. Match side seams and pin as needed around top. Sew 1/2 – inch from edge. Turn tote right side out through opening in lining.
9. Sew opening closed and top stitch 1/2 inch from top of bag. Tye bow around handle.
In honor of September being National Sewing Month we’d like to give you some goodies to use for your next sewing project! Use the Rafflecopter entry form to enter to win a collection of our HeatnBond® Products along with the book from our friend Anabel Wrigley!
a Rafflecopter giveaway