I’m running a fun quilting challenge on my blog, Persimon Dreams, called ‘Focus Through the Prism’. The theme of this months challenge is ‘Friendship Star’.
And this was the quilt top I had come up with for the challenge. Very scrappy and free form – and one of my favorites. But at this point in the construction it was missing something. I could add some glitter … maybe some angelina fibres … but then it came to me – iCraft® Deco Foil™!
I looked through my stash of Deco Foil and found the perfect shiny blue to use! Let’s take a look at how I added some strips of deco foil to add the perfect final pop to this quilt!
1. I started by pulling out some iCraft® Deco Foil™ Hot Melt Adhesive. I cut these up into shapes that seemed pleasing to me for the quilt I was working on.
2. Lay these strips of iCraft® Deco Foil™ Hot Melt Adhesive in a pleasing manner on your quilt top which is on your ironning table.
3. Lay down Pressing Paper over the Deco Foil Hot Melt Adhesive scraps, and press to set these strips in place.
4. Carefully peel back the paper from the Deco Foil Hot Melt Adhesive sheets you just pressed onto the quilt top. Save all these paper pieces!
5. Use the papers you peeled off so you can cut out pieces of Deco Foil that are slighly bigger than the strips of the Deco Foil Hot Melt fusible.
6. Carefully place the Deco Foil pieces you cut out so they completely cover the Hot Melt Adhesive sheets on the quilt top.
7. Place the pressing sheet over the iCraft® Deco Foils™ and press each foil section for 30 sections. Once all your pieces are properly pressed allow the Deco Foils™ to cool completely.
8. Once the Deco Foils are completely cooled, peel them off. In the photo above you can see that when you peel the Deco Foils off, they only stick to the quilt where the Heat N Bond UltraHold fusible was pressed on previously.
9. Once I had my embellishments on I was ready to baste my quilt and quilt it. I’ve found that quilters are either pin baster’s or spray basters. I’m a spray baster and I’m loving Spray n Bond Basting Adhesive!
10. Once the quilt was basted it was time for me to quilt it! I mixed machine quilting and hand quilting to add the final touches to this piece.
The deco foils were the perfect embellishment for this piece and I know they will be a ‘go to’ for me again in the near future!
Wanting to try our new iCraft® Deco Foils™ on your next quilting project? Haven’t found them them at your local store? Then now is the perfect time to take advantage of our 4th of July sale!